Wednesday 29 April 2015

April GlossyBox

If you read my first Glossybox post, you'll know I was excited to receive this box as it was another special edition box. This month was called 'The Iconic Edition' which paid homage to Hollywood's beauty icons. There were four boxes available, all in beautiful pastel colours printed with Marilyn Monroe's  iconic portrait.  I was very happy to see that I had received the pastel yellow box; it's currently one of my favourite colours for Spring! 

Inside the lid of the box was a quote from Audrey Hepburn which I thought was a beautiful touch! I think this is a quote that lots of, if not all girls need to remember! 

 I absolutely adore this yellow colour, it just scream Spring! 

There were 5 products in this edition.

Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Kiss - This is a new brand to me so I was keen to try this. I'm not really a lipstick person but I'm willing to experiment. The description that Glossybox give for this product is: The perfect Marilyn red. This intense classic pillar box hue is ideal for spring. Unlike lipstick, it’s in pencil form – making application easier than ever! Long-lasting and softening, it’s available in both matt and shine finishes. However, when I applied this I found it was a very orange toned red and was way too bright and most definitely out of my comfort zone. The application was smooth and the product is very pigmented. I believe mine is a matt finish so I felt it was quite drying. I can't comment on how long it lasts on the lips as it was too bright for me so I removed it straight away lol. 
£10 - full sized product

Colour Club Barely There Nail Polish - Nude nails are a statement for Spring so I was excited to receive this. I have a huge collection of polishes but believe it or not, nothing of this shade. The colour in the bottle isn't as appealing to my eyes as I thought it would be but maybe I'll change my mind when I apply it. 
£7.95 - full sized product

Kajal Eyeliner Pen - This eyeliner can be used to recreate the classic cat flick and it has a smudger on the end to help create a smokier eye. I'm yet to try this out. 
£6.50 - full sized product

Darphin Exquisage Beauty Revealing Cream - I'm always happy to get different lotions and creams in my Glossybox. They say: This cocooning cream quickly replenishes skin, enhancing firmness and boosting luminosity for that sought-after red-carpet glow. Any lines and wrinkles appear softened and thanks to the inclusion of strengthening probiotics, it will keep skin protected and nourished. 
How amazing does that sound! I will definitely be trying it our tonight so I hope it lives up to it's expectations!
£65 - 50ml (original size) 

Nougat London Soothing Bath Pearls - Anything that involves a bath makes me very happy! These bath pearls have a floral scent and are said to leave a shimmer on your skin after use in your bath so they are perfect to use before a night out or party. 
£6.00 - 35g (original size)

You definitely get your money's worth in this months box! Did you get anything different in your Glossybox?! 

Emma 
-x-

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea Glossybox had for this one, looks like you got some lovely bits inside as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete