Thursday 26 February 2015

Alphabet Dates

Me and Joe have been together for a long time now and living together means we see each other pretty much 24/7.  
Even though we see each other all the time, we never really put any time aside for 'us'. We never really did anything as a couple, other than watch films on the sofa or hang out with friends. 

A while ago a colleague of mine intrigued me in the idea of the Alphabet Date nights and I thought it was an amazing idea (Thank you Hannah)!! It gave me and Joe the perfect opportunity to once a month, make an effort and plan a fun and different date in turn - do the maths and that's 2 years and 2 months worth of dates! 

Joe started it off with the letter 'A' in January by surprising me with an American themed dinner and a game of beer pong before settling down to watch a film.


I was really impressed that Joe had gone to the effort of buying the iconic red party cups and novelty dollar bill napkins! It was my first time playing beer pong and we certainly had a laugh - what more could you ask for?!

That's the beauty of this idea; the dates don't need to be expensive or lavish, they can be creatively done at home and for free!

It's my turn next with the letter 'B' - watch this space ;) 

If anyone has any ideas for what we can do for the rest of the alphabet then please share in the comments!

Emma 
-x-

17 comments:

  1. C for chinese maybe emma
    Or catalan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe has organised the letter 'C'. Thanks though!

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea! I love this! I can' wait to see what you do for B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M could be Mardi Gras! This sounds like such a fun idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, this is TOO cute! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun idea! Sounds like Joe is a winner too, with planning out a whole theme. That takes thought!:) The hard part will be when you get to X :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did a good job!! Haha i know right!! :)

      Delete
  7. This sounds so cool!! I may have to try this with my boyfriend. We need some fresh new ideas for our dates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing idea omg! My is also called Joe (SNAP!) so I'll have to tell him about the alphabet dating idea :)

    A x Being Ashleigh Blog

    ReplyDelete